Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Full Monty...

... So another reason I've been completely rubbish with blogging is that last month I was on stage in 'The Full Monty'!

This is us waiting to go on through the auditorium

Ok so nothing at all to do with handmade things but it's one of my hobbies that I absolutely love. Being on stage is amazing. Such a buzz.

I've been performing on stage since the age of 9, I was in a Gang Show and since then never looked back. I've been in pantomimes, various youth productions such as Oliver, The Wizard of Oz and Bugsy and now I'm in an adult society.

If I wasn't in a theatre group I'd probably never have met Simon, so who knows where I'd be now!

Us on our wedding day July 2009
We met back in 2000 during youth theatre rehearsals for The Wizard of Oz.

We normally do quite traditional musicals, Oklahoma, Guys & Dolls etc but this year we went for something a bit different. The Full Monty!

This was us a few years ago during Guys & Dolls

Rehearsals kicked off last November. Every Monday & Thursday night we'd head out then the week before it's every night for rehearsals. Then show week a full 6 night run, Monday to Saturday. It's so tiring but the buzz just keeps you going.

I've been in many shows but I can honestly say this one was one of the best. The whole cast were amazing and everyone just had such a good time...

... and yes for those who were wondering they really did do the Full Monty ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great Beth - I'm glad it went well and that you enjoyed it, Lynne

    ReplyDelete