Friday 6 May 2011

A Felted Wedding...

A lot of my work is based on commissions. I tend to do mainly wedding jewellery/accessories, working closely with my clients to create the perfect piece for them.
 I normally get to meet my customers and talk face to face with them about what they want from their jewellery. This way I get know them as a person as well as what they are asking for.

At the beginning of the year I posted an item in my Folksy shop titled 'Commission Work'.


Within a couple of days of listing I recieved and email asking if I could help a couple with their wedding accessories. "Of course", I said.
 This was the first commission I'd done over email instead of face to face meetings so I was a little scared about getting started incase I had the wrong idea of what the couple wanted.

On my to do list was:
A wrist corsage for the bride
Button holes for both the female & male wedding party
A table decoration
Hair clip
Necklace & earring set

The couple liked both my organza work and felt work and asked if I could incorporate the two.
 I started off by creating a few sample pieces, taking photos and sending them across for them to look at. Once we all agreed on the right style I set off to work.
 Here's what I came up with...

Wrist Corsage

Close up of table decoration...
The couple sent me LED's and other computer components for me to include in all the pieces.
 Button Holes

I had a fab time creating these pieces. I love a good challenge.

If you are interested in me creating a special piece for you feel free to get in touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment