Friday 25 February 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...

... This morning I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourite places to visit, all craft related of course!

First up: The Manchester Craft & Design Centre - I LOVE this place. Having my shop now means I haven't been able to get there for a while but fingers crossed I'll get there again soon.

You can find the Centre on Oak Street in the Northern Quarter in Manchester.

Home to 18 studios, ranging from jewellery and clothing to wood, metal and ceramics you are bound to find something amazing. There is also a cafe in the centre and they run regular workshops and exhibitions.
 If you're in Manchester it is WELL worth a visit!

Whilst you're in the City make sure you call in at Fred Aldous on Lever Street. This is an amazing art & craft supplies shop full to the brim of all things magical!

Also the Craft Shop in the Royal Exchange is a little hidden gem.

Moving out of the City now and up to the Lake District. One of my closest friends who knows my dream of having a craft shop and tea rooms told me to take a trip to Hawkshead, there in the tiny village lies Poppi Red.

This place really is amazing. You can get a yummy slice of cake and a cup of tea and enjoy whilst surrounded by the prettiest things.

I love finding new places so if anyone has any suggestions for me that would be great but for now I hope you enjoy my findings and if you haven't already visited you really must!





No comments:

Post a Comment